16 New Abandoned Cars Leaked for Need for Speed Payback
Need for Speed Payback received its first major update in several months yesterday, adding new DLC cars, new vanity items, online free-roam features and more. This new update has also introduced new weekly Abandoned Cars which will be based on Street League Bosses and "Iconic NFS Rides", and based on leaked information, we may know the full roster.
Players on PC have managed to data-mine the latest Payback update, and in doing so, have found 16 new Abandoned Cars which will be coming out at random times over the next few months. These cars include 9 Street League Boss vehicles, 3 Seasonal Themed vehicles, 2 Iconic NFS cars, a Volkswagen Beetle and a Police Crown Victoria.
The full list of the 16 new abandoned cars are:
- Aki Kimura's Nissan Silvia S15 (Noise Bomb Boss)
- Big Sister's Ford Mustang (Riot Club Boss)
- Faith Jones' Ford F-150 SVT Raptor (Free Ember Militia Boss)
- Gallo Rivera's Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 (The Silver Six Boss)
- Holtzman's Chevrolet C10 (Hazard Company Boss)
- La Catrina's Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (Graveyard Shift Boss)
- Nitko Vasilev's Nissan GT-R (Diamond Block Boss)
- Natalie Nova's Pagani Huayra BC (One Percent Club Boss)
- Unknown Soldier's Nissan Skyline GT-R (Shift Lock Boss)
- Police Crown Victoria
- Jaguar (St Patrick's Day Seasonal Event Theme)
- Volkswagen Beetle 1963
- Razor's BMW M3 GTR (Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005)
- Land Rover Defender (Summer Seasonal Event Theme)
- Lamborghini (New Year Seasonal Event Theme)
- Rachel's Nissan 350z (Need for Speed Underground 2)
These are some extremely interesting new cars, especially with the inclusion of iconic Need for Speed cars such as Razor's BMW M3 GTR (even though it's the Players M3 GTR) and Rachel's Nissan 350z, but also that a Police Crown Victoria will be added for the first time as a driveable car.
This list potentially indicates that Payback will also be receiving seasonal events during Summer, New Year's and St Patricks Day. What these will be is currently unknown, and could very well just be themed Abandoned Cars, or could include new themed vanity items and event rewards.
Curiously enough, the 1963 Volkswagen Beetle is already in the game as a Derelict, so its inclusion in this is confusing but could be a new Seasonal Event themed vehicle. The list also excludes League 73 Boss Udo Roth's Subaru Impreza WRX STI, however could just be missing from this data-mined code.
We will be covering location guides for each of these new 16 Abandoned Cars as soon as they're available, with a new one expected to launch today. Be sure to check our Need for Speed Payback Abandoned Car Location Guides section for all the latest and previous locations for the other six currently in the game.