Forza Horizon 4 Features Character Customization, Purchasable Property and More
Following the reveal of Forza Horizon 4 on stage at Xbox's E3 Press Conference, Microsoft have revealed new details about the upcoming shared world racer, including character customization, purchasable houses, launch day DLC and more.
Here's a recap of the biggest Forza Horizon 4 information:
- Forza Horizon 4 is set in historic Britain featuring locations such as the English Countryside, Edinbough (Capital of Scotland), and the Coast of Britain.
- Map is the same size as Australia from Forza Horizon 3
- All players share the same game world, blending Single Player and Multiplayer together.
- 72 players in a single free-roam lobby, similar drop-in drop-out system to The Crew
- The game is not online only, can be played offline
- Xbox One X owners will have the option to play Forza Horizon 4 at 60 frames per second.
- Forza Horizon 4 features dynamic seasons that changes the gameplay, unlocking new events and areas for different seasons, impacts driving conditions and transforms how you explore the world.
- Every player experiences changes in time of day, weather and seasons together
- Seasons are expected to rotate every week
- New Quick-Chat feature mapped to the D-Pad to quickly communicate with players
- Forza Horizon 4 features a brand new Route Creator that lets you design and share your own custom race routes anywhere in the open world.
- You will be able to customize your driver with character clothing, accessories and even emotes.
- For the first time in the Horizon series, you can purchase your own property which will unlock new items and gameplay perks.
- There are a total of 10 properties to choose from
- Businesses can also be purchased, a taxi service being one
- Formula Drift Car Pack and a Day One Car Pack will be available to purchase at launch.
- There will be an Ultimate Edition available to purchase, which grants 4-day early access, two expansion packs, Car Pass, VIP Membership and more.
- Forza Horizon 4 will launch on October 2nd 2018, or September 28th 2018 for Ultimate Edition purchasers.
- The McLaren Senna and the 1997 Land Rover Defender 90 are the cover cars
- There will be 450 cars at launch from more than 100 licensed manufacturers
- Toyota are in the game
- New Drift Suspension upgrades have been added to vehicle customization
- Co-op Campaign returns from Forza Horizon 3
- Multiplayer features Casual and Ranked team events
- Forzathon returns with live events occurring in the game world to compete in with other players, similar to Burnout Paradise freeburn challenges.
BlackPanthaa is currently in Los Angeles for E3 2018 and will go hands-on with Forza Horizon 4 later today, so expect new information from us over the next few days!
In the meanwhile, check out this exclusive first look at gameplay from Forza Horizon 4's E3 demo showcasing one of the first races in the game demonstrating the different types of events that are available in each of the four seasons.
Forza Horizon 4 releases on Xbox One and Windows 10 on October 2nd 2018, or September 28th 2018 for Ultimate Edition purchasers, and will be available free for Xbox Game Pass subscribers at launch. We will be sure to keep you up to date with all future announcements, rumours and leaks for Forza Horizon 4 as E3 2018 continues.